Wi-fi alliance: The Wi-Fi Alliance on Monday official launch WPA3 – The next level wifi security pattern that agrees to reduce all the known security vulnerabilities and wireless attacks.
WPA3 is the newest version of Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and is designed to prevent hackers from tapping on your wireless data.
The WiFi Alliance, without much delay, rushed to finalize and launch WPA3 in order to address WPA2’s technical shortcomings from the ground.
The Wi-Fi Alliance | What New Security Features WPA3?
WPA3 will replace the current WPA2 that has been almost for at least 15 years and generally used by unlimited devices every day. and the new Features provided amazing big changes for Wi-Fi enabled devices in terms of, encryption enhancements, authentication, configuration, making it harder for hackers to hack your Wi-Fi.WPA3 will also add a more difficult password-based log-in with the help of Simultaneous Authentication of Equals (SMEs). An upgrade to WPA3-Enterprise will allow the user to make use of a 192-bit encryption strength, which will be harder to hack. Smart Home appliances in the future will also be able to set up using the Easy Connect
Wi-Fi Easy Connect
- Provides a standardized, consistent method for onboarding devices
- Simplifies provisioning through the use of QR codes and user-chosen device to manage network access
- Works for any Wi-Fi Easy Connect device, including those with little or no user interface, such as smart home and IoT products
- Uses public key cryptography for secure authentication
- Supports provisioning for WPA2™ and WPA3™ networks
- Enables the replacement of APs without the need to re-enroll all devices to the new AP
Robinson says that in a typical device enrollment, the new device will come with QR code, which the administrator will scan with a phone. The phone then “introduces” the IoT device to the network.